The BANA and Da Costa Hall summer school programs have served more than 15,000 students, since its inception in 1968. Today, parents from all ethnicities seek our nurturing and culture-sensitive approach to the education of their children.
The QBBE Family Programs’ goal is to ensure families focus on making positive connections between education and other aspects of the students’ lives.
- Promoting parent advocacy for their children by getting them involved in their community schools.
- Promoting interventions in the family in collaboration with social services when children’s behaviour in the school puts them at risk.
- Organizing workshops with parents on mindfulness to help with the anxiety of living with difficult teenagers.
- Promoting better parenting skills and health education through free workshops.
- Promoting pathways to success in the family units.